Colon cancer often doesn't get as much attention compared to other cancers, but be aware. It's one of the most common forms of cancer that affects both men and women, and it's important to know how to prevent colon cancer.
Is the high incidence of colon cancer scary? Teach you 8 good ways to prevent it!1. Get a colonoscopyColonoscopy is very important to prevent colon cancer. For people who do not have risk factors or genetic factors that cause colon cancer, colonoscopy is generally required only after the age of 50. If so, it must be performed before the age of 50. Colonoscopy.
2. Maintain a healthy weightObesity is an important factor in causing colon cancer. Maintaining a healthy weight will not only reduce the risk of colon cancer, but also has many other health benefits.
3. Quit smokingIf you smoke regularly, please try to quit it as soon as possible. Smoking is a bad habit that leads to the risk of many cancers, and colon cancer is one of them. Smoking is the second most important risk factor for colon cancer, and the benefits of quitting smoking are obvious , can greatly reduce the chance of colon cancer.
4. Exercise regularlyRegular exercise has various health benefits. One such benefit is a reduced risk of colon cancer. The more you exercise, the greater the impact on your health. It is best to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. Brisk walking, yoga or aerobics are all good options. It's a very good exercise.
5. Drink alcohol in moderationExcessive intake of alcohol is harmful to health. But if you only drink a little red wine a day, it will not be harmful to your health. However, you should pay attention to drinking in moderation. Excessive drinking can increase the risk of colon cancer.
6. Eat less red meat and processed meatRed meats like beef and pork are very bad for your overall health, as are processed meats like burgers, bacon, and sausages, which can increase your risk of colon cancer, so you should eat as little of these meats as possible.
7. Supplement calcium and vitamin DExperts suggest that supplementing calcium and vitamin D can significantly reduce the risk of colon cancer. Eating more spinach, kale, broccoli and dairy products can achieve the effect of supplementing calcium and vitamin D. If the absorption is not good, you can consider calcium and vitamin D supplements.
8. Eat more high dietary fiber foodsResearch shows that dietary fiber from plant sources can reduce the risk of colon cancer, and eating more green leafy vegetables can effectively supplement dietary fiber.
Colon cancer is preventable. You can prevent colon cancer to a great extent through the simple methods in this article. Also remember that eating whole grains regularly can also help reduce the risk of colon cancer.