Colon cancer is a disease caused by the interaction of genetic and environmental factors and is one of the most common malignancies worldwide.
According to statistics, in 2017, nearly 140,000 people in the United States are expected to be diagnosed with colon cancer, and approximately 50,000 people will die from it;
Patients after colon cancer surgery must pay attention to the following points in their diet:
1. Avoid eating it raw and eat it cooked to avoid causing new problems.
For example, eating raw onions, garlic, radishes, etc. not only easily hurts stomach qi, but also can lead to intestinal ascariasis; eating raw aquatic products can easily lead to schistosomiasis; eating undercooked beans can cause food poisoning.
2. Eat less pickled, roasted, grilled, smoked, and fried foods, and eat more fried, boiled, and steamed foods.
Because the former contains carcinogens, it should be listed as a taboo.
3. Avoid eating contaminated, rotten, or spoiled food, and eat clean, fresh, delicious, nutritious food.
4. Avoid following your whims, gobbling down food, eating and drinking excessively, eating regularly and rationing, chewing slowly, eating before you are hungry, and stopping before you are full.
Because the former can hurt stomach qi and may cause peptic ulcers and acute pancreatitis.
5. Avoid tobacco and alcohol. Smoking, especially passive smoking, can cause peptic ulcers.
Alcohol is far more harmful to women than to men, and 80% of alcohol is absorbed in the stomach, so it is extremely harmful to women's stomachs and can cause acute gastric mucosal lesions and peptic ulcers.
Alcohol can also damage the liver, pancreas, brain, and cause alcoholic liver, alcoholic pancreatitis, acute and chronic alcoholism, etc.
In addition, stomach-damaging drugs such as indomethacin, phenylbutazone, and aspirin can induce or aggravate gastritis and peptic ulcer.
Eating raw, cold, greasy, sweet and sour, and spicy foods can induce or aggravate acute and chronic gastritis, peptic ulcer, biliary tract disease, inflammatory bowel disease, etc., and should be listed as taboos.
Although soy milk contains a large amount of plant protein, which is necessary for human life activities, drinking it will inevitably increase abdominal fullness, so you should not drink too much.
Drinking soy milk that is not fully boiled can also cause food poisoning, so be careful.
Although royal jelly and honey contain a large amount of sugars, amino acids and trace elements, which are also necessary for human life activities, taking large amounts will increase the acidity in the stomach and may induce or aggravate gastric mucosal damage, so they should not be taken in large amounts. .