6 Effective Thigh Stretches to Get Rid of Bulky Thighs in 2 Weeks To have enviable legs, diet and exercise are essential. While running and squats are popular choices, they may lead to bulky muscles in the thighs and even leg deformities. Sitting for long periods can also cause the muscles in the buttocks to relax, resulting in tightness in the front of the thigh. Here are 6 thigh stretches to help you achieve beautiful and balanced legs.
1. Pigeon Pose (20-30 seconds): This stretch targets the front of the thigh and can also help with the back of the thigh and buttocks. Bend one leg in front of you and extend the other leg backward, keeping the hips close to the ground. Repeat on the other side.
2. Single Leg Glute Bridge (15 reps, 2 sets): This exercise works the buttocks and back of the thigh while activating the deep stabilizing muscles of the back. Lie on your back with one knee bent and the other leg extended. Lift your hips, forming a straight line from your belly to your thigh. Repeat on the other side.
3. Flutter Kicks (30 seconds, 3 sets): This exercise helps sculpt the entire leg, including the calf muscles. Lie on your back and lift your legs to a 45-degree angle. Alternate lifting each leg for 30 seconds, keeping your abs tight.
4. Scissor Kicks (15 seconds, 5 sets): This exercise targets the thighs and abs. Lie on your back with your legs straight up. Open your legs and hold the position for 15 seconds. Repeat for 5 sets.
5. Side Lunges (15 seconds, 2 sets): This stretch targets the inner thigh muscles, which are often neglected but prone to injury. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Take a wide step to the side with one leg, keeping both heels on the ground. Hold for 15 seconds on each side.
6. Single Leg Balance Squat (15 reps, 3 sets): This exercise targets the quadriceps, hip flexors, abs, buttocks, and back of the thigh. Stand with one leg in front and one leg behind, keeping your back straight. Squat down, maintaining a 90-degree angle with your front leg. Repeat for 15 reps on each side.
By incorporating these stretches into your workout routine, you can tone and lengthen your thigh muscles, achieving the sculpted and balanced legs you desire.